Monday 25 May 2015

Carlo Ancelotti to undergo surgery


The Italian says that, while he has had offers from
Italy, England and Germany, he has to undergo an
operation on a nervous complaint in Canada
Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has all but
confirmed his departure from the club, revealing
that he intends to take a year out of the game for
health reasons.
The Italian is expected to part company with Los
Blancos in the coming days, after enduring a
disappointing end to the 2014-15 season, with the
Spanish side being surprisingly knocked out of the
Champions League semi-finals by Juventus before
finishing second to Barcelona in La Liga.
AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi publicly declared
that if Ancelotti were to be shown the exit door at
the Santiago Bernabeu, then the coach would
immediately return to San Siro.
However, while Rossoneri CEO Adriano Galliani
travelled to Madrid to meet with Ancelotti on
Monday , the former Chelsea boss insists that
there is no chance of him accepting a job offer
from Milan - or anyone else.
"I can assure you that I have not lacked
opportunities, from Italy, England and Germany,"
the 55-year-old told Il Giornale. "And I will not
lack [offers] between now and next year.
"But I said it in the press conference and I repeat: I
will stop for a year, also because I have a very
serious reason for stopping.
"I have to have an operation because of my
cervical stenosis. For some time, it has been
affecting my hands and if I lose any more time, it
could pass into legs, so I have an appointment for
surgery.
"And, frankly, I do not know how long I have to be
physically stopped, in terms of the post-operative
phase and the subsequent rehabilitation.
"It will be a pleasure to host [Galliani] for dinner,
but I cannot change my programme.
"I will have the operation in Vancouver, Canada,
where I have already got a house with my wife.
"I will rest, between Madrid and Canada. Because
the two years at Real have been very tough,
believe me.
"Nobody can imagine how much training Real
takes out of you, in terms of physical and nervous
energy.
"Then, I will return home for another event: in a
month, my grandson will be born. That's
something that I cannot and do not want to miss."
Ancelotti added, though, that he remains open to
going back to Milan at some point in the future.
"I have always said and thought that if I were to
return to Italy one day to train a club, it could only
be for Milan," he stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment