Monday 25 May 2015

Dani Alves nearing Barca exit door

Dani Alves says he has "both feet and a head" out
the door at Barcelona , strongly hinting he will
leave at the end of the season.
The right-back has long been linked with a move
away from Camp Nou this year, with his contract
expiring next month.
The 32-year-old, who joined Barca from Sevilla in
2008, has criticised the club for not showing him
respect.
"I have endured a lot this year, listening to a lot
of bullshit," he told reporters. "So I have to speak
out. because I have been disrespected and have a
limit.
"When I say that I have been disrespected, I am
talking about board members who have been
talking about me.
"They say that I am chasing money. But I'm not
thinking about money, I'm thinking about what I do
being valued. If they don't value what I do, then
this club is not for me. The club doesn't value me
the way I feel I deserve.
"The president knows what he has to do to keep
me. At the moment, I have both feet and my head
outside the club, but I am committed to the team."
The Brazil international says the club are interested
in keeping him, but he will announce whether or
not he will stay after the Champions League final
against Juventus on June 6.
"The club have wanted to keep me since three or
four months ago because my performances
have improved. But I have spent seven seasons of
my life here and have to find the right balance.
"Until June 7, I consider myself a Barcelona player
and only think about the taste of being a European
champion again. Hopefully we can make history
with this club. After that, I will announce my
decision.
"The coach is happy with my work, but the life of a
professional is based on trust and if you do not
have a complete trust with the club, things
don't go as expected.
"I have not spoken with Luis Enrique about my
future. He has enough to deal with. My problem is
mine. If it goes well or bad I will be responsible.
"I don't want him or Lionel Messi to get involved."
Barca take on Athletic Bilbao on May 30 in the
Copa del Rey final before they face Juventus in the
Champions League final as they look to win the
treble.

No comments:

Post a Comment