Monday 25 May 2015

LVG : Tittle challenge depends on summer signins


The coach believes his side can win the trophy
next season if the club's board are successful in
their pursuit of players
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says
the club will challenge for the Premier League title
next season – but only if they spend wisely in the
summer.
Van Gaal spent heavily in his first season at Old
Trafford in bringing Angel Di Maria, Daley Blind,
Luke Shaw and Marcos Rojo to the club.
And now the 63-year-old, who guided United to
Champions League qualification with a fourth place
finish, wants to add to his squad in the summer to
ensure he can build a title-winning side.
"The board of Manchester United shall say now we
have to battle for the championship," he told
MUTV .
"It’s a fantastic challenge but that’s also
dependable on how we can purchase very good
players and how we can improve our balance in
our selection.
"When you see last Sunday against Arsenal what I
have to do to change I have to put players on
other positions that I never play and that’s a pity
because the balance in our play was not good.
"We need two players in every position and then
they can perform more easily.
"The board has purchased me to win the title and
my curriculum says that. Of course I want to win
titles and I want to win it for the fans but also for
myself.
"The biggest challenge is what your ambition is
and my ambition is to give titles but it is not easy.
We will fight till the end and I shall give everything
in me to build a new champions team."

No comments:

Post a Comment