Tuesday 26 May 2015

Morgan Schneiderlin wants championship football

The 25-year-old has long been linked with
a move away from St Mary's, where he
has experienced many ups and downs
since arriving from Strasbourg in 2008.
Schneiderlin had hoped to leave last
summer, only for the Southampton
hierarchy to block his path - a decision
that worked well for both parties as the
midfielder played a key role in helping
Ronald Koeman's men finish seventh.
That would bring with it Europa League
football next season should the FA Cup be
won this weekend by Arsenal, a club the
France international has been strongly
linked to.
Schneiderlin would be open to a move to
the Emirates Stadium, but ruled out
joining the likes of Tottenham and
Liverpool.
"Yes, I think my decision is made," he told
French radio station RMC.
"I learned a lot last season. The goal is to
stay in England. It is a championship that
I like and where I have a lot of fun.
"If I leave Southampton, it is for a club
that plays better than the Europa League.
"There are ongoing discussions, but
nothing is done. But, of course, the
Champions League is my goal.
"If I leave Southampton it will be for a
club in the Champions League.
"I have a two-year contract. If a club pays
the right amount for me, it will be time to
leave.
"The amount? I have no idea, but I will
not leave for a small price. Southampton
is known to be a good seller club, the
price should be high enough."
While Schneiderlin edges towards the
exit, the fate of Artur Boruc and Jos
Hooiveld has been sealed after both were
released at the end of their contracts.
The pair, who ended last season on loan
at Bournemouth and Millwall respectively,
played a key part in Saints' rise to the
Premier League and are amongst six
professionals not having their contracts
extended.
Cody Cropper, Omar Rowe, Jake Sinclair
and Chris Johns have also been released,
while Dan Demkiv, Mark Irvine, Niall
Mason and Chris Regis have left the club
at the end of their two-year scholarships.

No comments:

Post a Comment