Sunday 24 May 2015

Inzaghi pleads for more time at Milan


The coach is expected to be sacked at the end of
the season but remains convinced he can prove a
success at San Siro
AC Milan boss Filippo Inzaghi has pleaded with the
club's hierarchy to give him another season to
turn the club's fortunes around.
The Rossoneri beat Torino 3-0 at San Siro thanks
to a Stephan El Shaarawy double and Giampaolo
Pazzini penalty, despite Cristian Zaccardo being
sent off in the first half.
However, Inzaghi is still expected to be dismissed
this summer after failing to qualify for Europe and
his side sat 10th with one league game of the
Serie A campaign remaining.
He told reporters: "I have to say that the team was
always right behind me and for a coach making his
Serie A debut like me that is something special.
"I have a contract. Until I am told otherwise, I will
continue. If I am given time, I am convinced that I
can take Milan back to where it was.
"It’s not easy to transform everything, but the
squad has solid foundations to build on for next
season. I just hope that I can stay on because I
have a lot more to give and these club colours are
inside my heart."
Inzaghi also commented on Silvio Berlusconi's
remarks on Saturday after the Milan CEO claimed
he would offer former Rossoneri boss Carlo
Ancelotti a deal once he departs Real Madrid.
"I did hear that, but nothing has been told to me
other than to continue my work," he added. "I
want to give a sense of consistency to the latest
performances.
"What can you say about Carlo Ancelotti? I talk to
him regularly and he made history for Milan. If
there is talk of replacing Ancelotti at Real Madrid
after he won the Champions League, then
obviously there will be talk of me getting replaced!
"If I’m given the chance to continue at Milan, then
great, otherwise I will continue this profession
elsewhere.
"I think for a coach the most important thing is to
have the players on your side. There have been
more important and prestigious coaches than me
who struggled here. I can only hope and say that
this is a fantastic profession."
A summer of upheaval is expected at San Siro,
with the playing squad in need of major surgery,
but Inzaghi warned money won't solve all of the
club's problems.
"We cannot think that one or two star names can
change everything. We have to work as a team.
It’s a shame the season is ending now, just as we
were finding that unity."

No comments:

Post a Comment