Monday 29 June 2015

Open letter to Chelsea fans by Cech

As the end of his 11-year spell at Stamford Bridge
was confirmed on Monday, the Czech Republic
goalkeeper salutes all those involved with the
Blues for their time together
New Arsenal signing Petr Cech has written an
emotional open letter to Chelsea fans after his £11
million move to the Emirates Stadium was
confirmed.
The 33-year-old goalkeeper brought to an end an
11-year spell with the Blues after falling behind
Thibaut Courtois in the pecking order at Stamford
Bridge.
Highlighting his desire to stay in the Premier
League and thanking staff and supporters for their
work together over the years, Cech posted the
message on social media as his transfer was
announced.
Cech's letter in full:
"I thought this would never happen but it is time
for me to say goodbye to Chelsea. The club I have
lived every single minute for since joining in July
2004, the club in which I thought I'd hang my
gloves and boots one day and finish my career.

But life doesn't always turn out the way you think
it will.
"Since 2004 it has been an incredible journey with
so many highs and not many lows. We have
managed to win every single English trophy as well
as the Europa League and the biggest of all -
Champions League. Looking back at all the
achievements, including our first-ever league
double in 2010, back-to-back titles in 2005 and
2006, and multiple EPL and FA Cup wins, I couldn't
be more proud! As a team we made history
together!
"Last summer, things changed and I understood I
was no longer the first-choice keeper but I felt it
was not the right time for me to go. During the
season it became clear that my situation would not
improve and as I know I am not at the stage of my
career when I want to be on the bench, I made my
decision to move on and look for new challenges.
"The limited playing time gave me the chacne to
refesh and rest mentally as well as make me
realise just how much I enjoy playing football at
the highest level, because I missed it badly every
game day I was not involved. I have the same
commitment to football, the same motivation and
the same hunger for success as I had at the
beginning of my career and I love the challenges
brought by the top-quality players you face while
playing the Premier League - simply the best and
the most challenging league in the world.
"That's why I spoke to Mr Abramovich about me
staying in the Premier League and I'd like to thank
him from the bottom of my heart for his support in
this matter. It means so much to me because
without him Chelsea would not be where it is now.
He deserves huge credit for what he has done for
the club and for all of us.
"I would like to personally thank everybody
involved with Chelsea for their support - all the
players, staff, managers and all the coaching staff I
have had the pleasure of working with over the
years. Without them it would have been impossible
for us to have achieved such success.
"But most important of all - a huge thank-you
goes to all the Chelsea fans. I did everything for
you and you gave me your love back. I'll never
forget it. It will stay with me forever. We will meet
again but this time I will be in the other goal - I
hope you will remember our history and
understand it is time for me to begin a new
adventure.
"I wish everybody at Chelsea all the best for the
new season and for the future. Thank you for an
incredible 11 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment