Thursday 25 June 2015

RVP - I need Regular Football

The striker's future remains uncertain, with Real
Madrid enquiring and others reportedly keen, and
the 31-year-old says fitness ahead of Euro 2016
will play a part in his decision
Robin van Persie has insisted he needs regular
first-team football as speculation over his
Manchester United future continues.
The 31-year-old, who is currently on holiday , has
been linked with a move away from Old Trafford as
he enters the final year of his contract, with Goal
revealing in May that Real Madrid have made an
enquiry.
Galatasaray have revealed and then denied interest
in Van Persie, while Fenerbache are reportedly
keen on the Netherlands international, and the
striker says he must be first-choice ahead of next
summer's European Championship.
"When I signed for United, I knew these kind of
[reports] would appear," he told ELF Voetbal. "Next
year is the European Championship. That
tournament is going to play a big role in the
choice I will make.
"I have to be in my best form [for Euro 2016].
But
most important is the wish of my wife and
children. Whatever I do Bouchra, Shaqueel and
Dina Layla are the highest of my priorities. They
have to be happy."
Van Persie notched 10 goals in all competitions for
United last term, eight less than the previous
campaign and 20 off his first-season tally, but the
striker feels he deserves more credit for his
scoring exploits.
He added: "I was second highest scorer, behind
Wayne Rooney, with 10 goals. But people don't
seem to accept this. I think that is deserved,
because it says a lot that Wayne is top scorer with
12 goals.
"In all the other top teams, there is a minimum of
one player who makes more than 25 goals over all
competitions. Not at United. That's the reality and I
feel responsible for that."

No comments:

Post a Comment