Sunday 28 June 2015

Van Gaal angry over De Gea rumour

The Manchester United manager was by a reporter
from a Spanish television channel but the
Dutchman declined to discuss the club's transfer
business
Louis van Gaal has admitted he is angry with the
speculation about David de Gea's future at
Manchester United during a bizarre telephone
conversation which has been aired on a Spanish
television channel.
A reporter from Cuatro called the Dutchman at his
home in Amsterdam to ask about De Gea’s future
at Old Trafford, as well as United’s interest in
Sergio Ramos.
Van Gaal was typically curt with his responses and
maintained that he would not openly discuss
United’s transfer business, although he did initially
admit to being angered by the rumours
surrounding his No.1 goalkeeper.
The conversation in full…

Reporter: Hello, Louis. How are you?
Van Gaal: Why are you calling?
Reporter: I was calling about De Gea rumours. Are
you angry?
Van Gaal: Yes, yes, but I don’t have any comment.
You know that… no problem, it doesn’t interest me
either.
Reporter: Are you expecting him to stay at
Manchester United or do you think that he will
come to Madrid?
Van Gaal: No, I don’t give… I don’t want to
respond! I never talk with the media about this
topic.
Reporter: Not even about Ramos? Not Sergio
Ramos?
Van Gaal: I don’t talk about these things because I
talk with my directors, not with the media. So, no
problem, but… Goodbye. You know me, you know
that I don’t respond.
Reporter: I know, I know, but as it’s such a
conflicting topic, conflicting these days…
Van Gaal: Conflicting? You say that! You say that!
Reporter: Man, if your goalkeeper leaves or if
Sergio Ramos wants to leave Madrid so they can
play together, that’s conflicting no?
Van Gaal: No. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment