Monday 29 June 2015

Thiago Silva reveals handball regrets

The Brazil star insists he wasn't even aware of the
incident until he saw a replay after the game
Brazil defender Thiago Silva has expressed his
regret at giving away the penalty that handed
Paraguay an equaliser in their Copa America
quarter-final defeat on Saturday.
The Selecao were leading 1-0 before the PSG
centre-back handled the ball in the 72nd minute as
he and Dani Alves both attempted to head the ball
clear.
Derlis Gonzalez converted the resulting penalty,
before Paraguay went on to win 4-3 on penalties.
“I didn’t even know the ball had hit my hand," said
Thiago Silva. "I only saw what had happened when
I saw videos later at the hotel.
“That is why my face was one of such
astonishment, I did not understand what the
referee had seen. The referee didn’t even know if it
was my hand or Dani’s.”
Having arrived in Chile on the back of 10
consecutive Chevrolet Brasil Global Tour victories,
the Selecao struggled to reproduce their fine post-
World Cup form at the Copa America.
Dunga's men won just two of their four games
and Thiago Silva says the team must work hard to
improve ahead of the upcoming World Cup
qualifiers.
“Of course we have to try to play a little more,” he
said. “In the second half against Paraguay the truth
is we hardly saw the colour of the ball."

No comments:

Post a Comment